We are announcing today that Formation 8 took a lead position in Fieldwire's series A bringing the company's total funding to $6.6m and adding years of experience scaling companies to our board.
A milestone for user growth:
We started Fieldwire two years ago with a simple mission: to help construction companies run amazingly efficient field operations. Our field-first approach to mobile, with an absolute focus on the foreman was a bold move when we typed the first lines of code. Two years of amazing growth have shown that this approach felt right to you, our clients, as well. Look at what Fieldwire's platform has grown into after two short years:
- 1,000+ companies on the platform
- 35,000+ projects in 7 languages over 100 countries
This funding event is a natural step as we continue building the team to maintain the high quality service you have come to expect as we match the user growth.
What does it mean for you?
While the funding itself is not necessarily the most relevant information for people in the trades it still impacts you directly for a couple of reasons:
- Independence: Those of you who use Fieldwire everyday on site know that our approach and focus on the field crews is quite unique. Rest assured that we will continue to push the envelope in that direction.
- Long-term stability: Many of you are amazed by the speed at which the product has moved, it will continue and even accelerate. Construction is not an industry that you change overnight. We have made great headway over the last 2 years and we will certainly continue to do so in the next 25.
- Talent: We have assembled one of the most talented engineering team the industry has ever seen and will continue focusing on attracting the best. Having top talent is key as it keeps us from being limited in what we can do.
What's next on the product side?
Construction is a task driven business and task management will remain at the core of the platform. Fieldwire has always led the way with its product rather than a team of salespeople. As such, we will continue to strengthen the platform around its main pillars:
We have developed a reputation as a team that ships, and you have all undoubtedly noticed the frequent product updates. While we can't yet reveal the huge product release we have planned for Christmas, let's simply take a moment to look back at a selection of your feedback that have made it into the product over the last 12 months.
- Advanced version control
- Files attachments
- Floor plan folders
- Advanced markups
- Checklists and inspection templates
- Manpower & Cost tracking
- Localization in 7 languages
- Task and checklist importer
- Admin dashboard
- Advanced reports
In short, as long as you continue to build great things, we'll be building right along side you to make sure that each day on the job site is better than the last. On behalf of everyone on the Fieldwire team, here's to the next 12 months of growth!