Remote (US) or San Francisco (HQ)
As a Staff level Frontend Engineer, you will join an amazing team of like-minded individuals who are passionate about creating the stickiest core product features that will leave our customers coming back for more! You will closely collaborate with the technical and product leadership teams to take the voice of the customer and make it come to life inside our platform. We build our products with best industry standard tools and practices to create a consistent experience both internally and externally. You will be building the apps that are mission critical to over 4,000 construction companies and nearly a million end users who use Fieldwire everyday to save their team time and energy.
What You’ll Be Doing
The primary responsibilities for our Staff Frontend Engineers are to:
- Play the critical role in bringing transformative changes to our web application architecture and drive FieldWire’s presentation layer technology strategy
- Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing technologies and tools, influence other Frontend engineers, Managers and Directors and their technical teams to build our applications in a modular fashion using the best technologies to meet our worldwide growing needs
- Coach and mentor junior frontend engineers to build cutting edge systems to support our fast growing business needs around the world.
- Lead web application architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions for the team
- Improve Fieldwire’s web application standards, tooling, and processes
- A solid grasp of fundamental algorithms and applications
At Fieldwire, we’re looking for our Staff Frontend Engineers to have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience in building web applications with frameworks
- 5+ years of experience with common front-end technologies, such as React, Angular, Webpack, Babel, and Grunt
- 5+ years of experience of front-end test frameworks such as Jest with Enzyme, Mocha, Jasmine
- Expert with modern browser technology
- Mastery of building responsive layouts using HTML and CSS
- Known for writing the cleanest, most well-tested, and modular code out there
- Strong UX and design sense
And if you have any of the following, we REALLY want you to apply today!
- Experience with AngularJS or similar framework
- Exposure to Bootstrap and CSS preprocessors like LESS/SASS/React/Redux/JSX
- Familiarity working with complex and data-intensive single page apps
- Previously doing large scale code migrations or framework updates
Where is the job located?
This role is fully remote within the US or in beautiful San Francisco, CA. Our office is located right off of Montgomery Bart station. Easily accessible by all forms of public transportation.
Fieldwire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.