We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a true high-performance mindset. Our ideal teammate enjoys working in a collaborative environment and must be comfortable wearing many different hats. A can-do attitude is a must!
What you’ll be doing
The Payroll & Benefits Manager administers payroll and benefits for the employees of Hilti Fieldwire, Inc. These responsibilities include executing and validating semi-monthly gross to net pay calculations, ensuring the timely and accurate distribution of compensation and deductions, in addition to administering the benefit programs to include enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment. This role will also support in maintaining Hilti Fieldwire, Inc.’s HRIS/employee records & ensuring a smooth employee onboarding / offboarding experience.
The primary responsibilities for our Payroll & Benefits Manager are:
- Responsible for compensation/payroll administration, reconciliations to General Ledger and other accounts; maintain & update payroll database system
- Process, review and balance semi-monthly payroll. Ensure payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments, and other items that affect pay &/or company liability
- Work closely with the VP of Finance to ensure timely and accurate payments of salaries, options, bonuses, etc.
- Ensure that Hilti Fieldwire, Inc. remains up-to-date and compliant on all payroll state registrations and deductions; register with localities/states as needed
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees
- Administer benefit programs, consult with and advise employees on eligibility for all insurances (including Worker’s Comp), 401(k), paid time off, etc.
- Ensure that employees understand benefit programs and counsel employees as situations arise. Work as liaison with insurance carriers/broker and employees to resolve issues
- Develop census data and provide census to broker. Develop company cost information for new plans and makes recommendations
- Coordinate yearly Open Enrollment Meetings with employees & broker. Arrange for distribution of materials from carriers and process changes as per deadlines. Create benefit communication material as needed
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and reports necessary or suggested changes to VP of Operations / Head of HR
- Manage employment verification tasks, unemployment claims, and support managers to process termination paperwork
- Administer employment paperwork, I-9, W-2, and logs pertaining to applicant flow procedures
- Prepare statistical summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information, performance management, demographic data and other employee data, requiring knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines. Assist to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input
- Generate files/reports such as the EEO1/Vets 100, annual non-discrimination testing for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested
- Recommend business process improvements having an HRIS component
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
At Fieldwire, we’re looking for our next Payroll & Benefits Manager to have the following skills and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources preferred
- 6+ years of experience administering payroll, benefit, and HRIS processes required. Work experience should include strong knowledge of human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience.
- Certifications (CPP, CIPP, CEBS, etc.), highly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Gross to Net Payroll and General Accounting Principles
- Working knowledge of Wage and Hour requirements and Taxation requirements
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Highly proficient with computers and technology
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage sensitive information with the utmost respect to confidentiality
And if you have any of the following, we REALLY want you to apply today!
- The ability and willingness to work cross functionally across the organization
- The ability to be a payroll & benefits manager superstar
- The ability to offer high levels of support to our staff
- Collaboration is key
Why Hilti Fieldwire, Inc.?
Hilti Fieldwire, Inc. is a construction field management software, used on over 1,000,000+ projects worldwide. We’re obsessed with improving the way teams work together. We’re building a Field Management Platform dedicated to construction teams — providing operational excellence for one of the world’s largest global industries -- $10 Trillion/year. We’re delivering a superior, easy-to-use product that’s driven by the voice of our customers.
Hilti Fieldwire, Inc. solves the problem of access to information and coordination of labor at a large scale for some of the largest projects in the world. The Hilti Fieldwire, Inc. mobile app has a five-star rating based on thousands of customer reviews. In November 2021, Fieldwire was excited to announce that it was acquired by The Hilti Group – a world leader in the design and manufacture of cutting-edge technologies, software and services for the professional construction industry. Having already transformed the way thousands of companies worldwide are working together, we are working even harder to expand our reach as we partner with Hilti.
Where is the job located?
This role is based in beautiful San Francisco, CA. Our office is centrally located right off of Montgomery Bart station. Easily accessible by all forms of public transportation.