Plano, TX (Hybrid)
Hilti Fieldwire, Inc.'s affiliate is hiring. This position is an opportunity to join the Hilti, Inc. team. The candidate selected for this position will be a Hilti, Inc. team member. If interested, please complete our application.
Who we’re looking for
Senior Developer is a pivotal role in Hilti’s Global Application Software Unit. The Senior Developer is responsible for implementing backlog tasks, architectural designs and solutions, and executing on development tasks. Further, the Senior Developer drives and validates use of patterns and practices defined by the broader technical organization, as well as adopts the established DevOps framework.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
- Operate effectively in a large / complex, global / multicultural software development organization under agile Scrum framework
- Actively participate in product feature and design discussions
- Implement architectural strategies for building loosely coupled, modular systems which leverage Cloud computing to achieve economies of scale
- Work with infrastructure and development teams to achieve highly available and scalable solutions using container-based orchestration platforms
- Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
- Company-paid benefits are effective on your first day of employment
- Hybrid work environment for independent focus and team collaboration
- Education and professional certifications assistance
- Recognition: online, points-based recognition platform that helps team members recognize and reward one another
- Holidays, vacation, personal days, health and wellness days, and community service days to provide balance in your life
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum six (6) years experience designing and developing enterprise-scale applications and services
- Experience working in API development with GraphQL, service-oriented/event driven architecture is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; quick learner with a strong work ethic; self-motivated, team player
- Experience conducting code reviews and taking part in technical discussions
- Experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM, XP, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with relational databases (non-relational databases a plus)
- Experience designing and developing Web API’s and/or microservices in Node.js
- Familiarity with container concepts and toolsets (Docker required, Kubernetes a plus)
- Experience using Git for version control with various branching strategies and development workflows (forking, pull requests, rebasing, etc)
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development methodologies (TDD, BDD, etc)
- Familiarity with Cloud-based platforms and paradigms (AWS preferred)
This position is based in Plano, TX and is open to Hybrid employment.
Why should you apply?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.