Plano, TX (Hybrid)
Hilti Fieldwire, Inc.'s affiliate is hiring. This position is an opportunity to join the Hilti, Inc. team. The candidate selected for this position will be a Hilti, Inc. team member. If interested, please complete our application.
Who we’re looking for
The role of the Senior Solutions Architect is to provide technical guidance and direction for more than one business applications and technologies within Hilti. This position is responsible for designing solutions that are modular, reliable and extensible, conforming to sound design principles and capable of adapting to change while achieving targets for performance and scalability. The Senior Solutions Architect works closely with our Digital team members to drive operational excellence and deliver products which set Hilti apart from the competition and actively engage our customers
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
- Assume responsibility to architect, implement and optimize more than one area of application design and development; drive one or more parts of a larger multi-system initiative
- Produce solution designs to be fleshed out and implemented by development teams – this may include proofs of concept, development activities, cost/benefit analysis, training, configuration, service level requirements
- Conduct research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives; identify new components to be procured or developed; provide short term solutions, as well as clear evolution paths and long-term architecture strategy
- Identify, analyze, and communicate architecture and integration options; document best practices and solution blueprints
- Interact with business unit management, company IT, vendors and industry experts to collect requirements, understand options and determine solutions
- Apply established architectural principles and application of technology solutions to multiple business processes and technologies
- Assist development leads to implement architectural strategies and the proper use of enterprise and application design patterns
- Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
- Company-paid benefits are effective on your first day of employment
- Hybrid work environment for independent focus and team collaboration
- Education and professional certifications assistance
- Recognition: online, points-based recognition platform that helps team members recognize and reward one another
- Holidays, vacation, personal days, health and wellness days, and community service days to give balance in your life
- And so much more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (or equivalent work experience
- Experience in GraphQL for API testing is required
- Experience in architecture and implementation of microservice-based web and ability to understand practical aspects and avoid common pitfalls
- Applied analytical thinking and proven structured engineering approach to complex solution design/implementation and problem resolution; ability to anticipate technical trends in defined and relevant IT areas
- Rich architecture knowledge based on experience and training/education
- Competence in API design and development across more than one digital platform and client form factors, for example, web, desktop, mobile, IoT Developed software for distributed enterprise systems touching multiple areas like user experience, authentication/authorization, integration, and data
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: data architecture, systems integration, application security, AWS Cloud platforms, client UI frameworks, mobile, DevOps, process automation, AI/machine learning
- Strong desire to continually study and learn the latest and new technologies and related architectures, especially microservice architectures and cloud technologies
- Proficient in agile development methodologies and testing approaches, distributed version control, git workflow and branching strategies, application monitoring, CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to create documentation materials for appropriate audiences
- Experience working with geographically distributed development teams a plus
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills
This position is based in Plano, TX and is open to Hybrid employment.
Why should you apply?
Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.