Who we’re looking for
We are seeking an experienced iOS Engineering Manager to lead and manage a team of six iOS engineers. As an iOS Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and maintenance of our iOS application, ensuring on time delivery at a high level of quality. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and backend engineers, to define and execute the iOS engineering roadmap.
The primary responsibilities for our next iOS Engineering Manager will be:
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of six iOS engineers, providing guidance, support, and career development opportunities.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment, promoting knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Set clear goals and expectations for the team, ensuring they are aligned with business objectives.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to the team, helping them overcome challenges and make informed decisions.
- Stay up to date with the latest iOS development trends, tools, and best practices, and ensure their adoption within the team.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to define the technical requirements and scope of iOS projects.
- Drive the design and architecture of iOS applications, ensuring scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Manage the entire iOS development lifecycle, from planning and estimation to deployment and maintenance.
- Work closely with stakeholders to prioritize and schedule development tasks, ensuring timely delivery of projects.
- Monitor and track progress of iOS projects, identifying and addressing potential bottlenecks and risks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of iOS applications with backend services and APIs.
- Implement and enforce coding standards and best practices, ensuring the delivery of high-quality code.
- Conduct code reviews to provide feedback on code quality, maintainability, and performance optimization.
- Work closely with QA teams to identify and resolve bugs, issues, and performance bottlenecks.
At Fieldwire, we’re looking for our next iOS Engineering Manager to have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an iOS engineer, with a strong understanding of iOS app development, frameworks, and APIs.
- Prior experience in a technical leadership or management role, overseeing a team of iOS engineers.
- Proficient in Swift and Objective-C programming languages, as well as iOS development tools such as Xcode and Instruments.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile and Scrum.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to make sound technical decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Fieldwire is a construction field management software, used on over 750,000+ projects worldwide. We’re obsessed with improving the way teams work together. We’re building a Field Management Platform dedicated to construction teams — providing operational excellence for one of the world’s largest global industries -- $10 Trillion/year. We’re delivering a superior, easy-to-use product that’s driven by the voice of our customers.
Fieldwire solves the problem of access to information and coordination of labor at a large scale for some of the largest projects in the world. The Fieldwire mobile app has a five-star rating based on thousands of customer reviews. Fieldwire is venture backed by top venture capitalists and has already transformed the way thousands of companies worldwide are working together.
Total annualized cash compensation for iOS Engineering Manager ranges from $190,000-
$220,000 base salary, including annual bonus potential.
Where is the job located?
This role is remote. Our headquarters is based in beautiful San Francisco, CA. Our office is located right off of Montgomery Bart station. Easily accessible by all forms of public transportation.
Fieldwire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.