It feels like only yesterday that WeWork acquired Fieldlens, which is why I’m disappointed to hear of the company’s imminent closure.
Fieldlens was started in 2011, two years before Fieldwire. Despite being one of our competitors, Fieldlens and Fieldwire work towards the same goal — to change the future of construction through software. It often takes more than one company to make a change of that magnitude, and Fieldlens certainly did its share. For this reason, I’m truly saddened, as there will be one less company providing technology to improve the lives of craftspeople in the field.
Are you a current Fieldlens customer?
Just because Fieldlens’ journey is ending, doesn’t mean yours has to as well. If you’re a current customer of theirs who is striving to be more efficient, I encourage you to learn more about Fieldwire!
Why is Fieldwire the best Fieldlens alternative?
At Fieldwire, we’re in the trenches with you. We’re a team of former field engineers and construction experts who understand the challenges and complexities you face each day. To stay connected to your real-world problems, we use Fieldwire to manage our days too.
Just like you can with Fieldlens, you can use Fieldwire to track resources, assign tasks, and markup plans as you walk the job. Most importantly, you can continue to communicate in real-time to avoid confusion, mistakes, and costly rework.
We’re the #1 construction app for the field
Only Fieldwire was designed with jobsite crews in mind. Fieldwire, as the name implies, exists to connect people in the trenches, or in our case, the field. Our goal is to connect you to the data you need to do your job well and efficiently.
Here are a few reasons why Fieldwire is the highest-rated construction app and best Fieldlens alternative:
- We integrate with Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive. Set-up a two-way sync between your favorite cloud storage system and Fieldwire. Your plans will automatically transfer across, along with any markups, photos, and files associated with them.
- You can work offline! Our construction app is user-friendly, quick to deploy, and adapts to the way you already work. It also works offline to ensure you can access plans and files even without an internet connection.
- Walkthroughs and inspections are a breeze. Document issues with photos and comments on the fly, then notify your team in real-time.
- We offer more than just daily reports. Fieldwire comes pre-loaded with common construction form templates, including daily reports, safety audit forms, QA/QC inspection checklists, RFI forms, timesheet forms, and time and materials forms. You can even create your own form from scratch using our custom form builder.
- You can go beyond 2D plans with Fieldwire’s BIM viewer. Organize all of your 3D models, then navigate your way around and through for a 360-view of your project in seconds.
- Our support team is reliable and responsive. You can always reach our support team via email or phone, no matter the time of day.
We’re here to help!
Change is scary, but that’s why we’re here to help. And we’d love to join you on your journey to becoming a more efficient craftsperson. If you’d like to learn more about our platform and better understand the features we offer, schedule a demo with one of our Fieldwire experts. Alternatively, you can contact our support team with any specific questions.